It’s a good thing I keep my computer in good working condition. Because the last time I had to send it out for a repair, the technician jokingly threatened to turn me in to the F.B.I. when he saw my history of searching for just the right untraceable, lethal poison and how to dispose of a corpse without leaving forensic evidence behind. And he hadn’t even gotten to my favorite pages of how a small-framed woman can beat a large man into submission using only her bare hands and how various psychological disorders can manifest into complete psychoses. (He didn’t know that one of my favorite beta readers is a former Boston detective who lets me know just how many of my ideas could really work.)
I don’t take William Faulkner’s advice to kill my darlings lightly. I write psychological thrillers which are guaranteed to keep my readers on the edge of their seat, and if a character or two has to die to keep the reader is suspense… well then, that’s the price I have to pay.
Some of my micro-fiction can be found throughout my blog and in various printed publications, though I usually save the bulk of my short stories for contest entries. (In 2016, one of my short stories won an Honorable Mention in the Writer’s Digest’s 85th Annual Writing Competition.) I also write occasional poems and essays about whatever outside factors might be pulling at my emotional heartstrings at the time. (In 2019, an essay I wrote won an Honorable Mention in the Writer’s Digest’s 88th Annual Writing Competition.)
The following are my novel-length completed works or works in progress. Click on each of the following links to learn more about each manuscript. I’m currently shopping for an agent for my completed novels.
- The Prison | Status: Undergoing Last Round Copyedit
- What Would the Neighbors Think? | Status: Undergoing Minor Structural Editing
- The Homecoming | Status: Complete; Actively Seeking Representation
- Thou Shalt Not | Status: Undergoing Last Round Copyedit
- The Worm Has Turned | Status: Undergoing Last Round Structural Editing
- The Other Sister | Status: Undergoing Minor Structural Editing
- The Foreboding | Status: Undergoing First Round Structural Editing
- Under Seraphs’ Wings | Status: Undergoing Final Proofread
- The Changeling of the Third Reich | Status: Complete; Actively Seeking Representation
- Judge, Jury, Executioner | Status: First Draft Work in Progress