It’s a good thing I keep my computer in good working condition. Because the last time I had to send it out for a repair, the technician threatened to turn me in to the F.B.I. when he saw my history of searching for just the right untraceable, lethal poison and how to dispose of a corpse without leaving forensic evidence behind. And he hadn’t even gotten to my favorite pages of how a small framed woman can beat a large man into submission using only her bare hands and how various psychological disorders can manifest into complete psychoses. (He didn’t know that one of my favorite beta readers is a former Boston detective who lets me know just how many of my ideas could really work.)
I don’t take William Faulkner’s advice to kill my darlings lightly. I write psychological thrillers which are guaranteed to keep my readers on the edge of their seat, and if a character or two has to die to keep the reader is suspense… well then, that’s the price I have to pay.
Some of my micro-fiction can be found throughout my blog and in various printed publications, though I usually save the bulk of my short stories for contest entries. (In 2016, one of my works won an Honorable Mention in Writer’s Digest’s 85th Annual Writing Competition.)
The following are my novel-length completed works or works in progress. Click on each of the following links to learn more about each manuscript. I’m currently shopping for an agent for my completed novels.
- The Prison | Status: Undergoing Final Proofread
- What Would the Neighbors Think? | Status: Undergoing Minor Structural Editing
- The Homecoming | Status: Complete; Shopping for Agent
- Thou Shalt Not | Status: Undergoing Last Draft Copyedit
- The Worm Has Turned | Status: Undergoing Last Draft Structural Editing
- The Other Sister | Status: Complete; Shopping for Agent
- The Foreboding | Status: Undergoing First Round Structural Editing
- Judge, Jury, Executioner | Status: First Draft Work in Progress