It feels like forever since I’ve paid my respects to Bloggyville. Just over a year, actually. (Technically, I’ve read a lot of your blog posts many times, was able to comment on them some of the time, but haven’t posted myself in forever.) I’ve had so many things going on and haven’t actually had a working computer for several of those months (I’ll share why momentarily), but I’m up and running again as far as the techy end of things. And as for that and everything else going on, it’s too much to go into all the details here, so I’ll give you the quick skinny now, then space the details out on subsequent posts.
In the past twelve months, I have:
- Bought a new (slightly used) house
- Remodeled nearly every room of said house
- Sued my previous landlord
- Lived in the living room for several months while I was waiting for my bedroom/office to be finished (hence the lack of computer)
- Lost a lot of money to contractors who said they could do a job but couldn’t
- Found out that I can’t trust most contractors
- Figured out how to do a lot of contract work myself (with help of my sister, Michelle, and my son, Jeremy)!
- Stayed in flare with my Lupus for another entire year!
- Had bronchitis for 5 weeks
- And then had bacterial pneumonia for 3 weeks
- And thought I was going to die!
- Discovered the absolute best bed in the world!
- Worked on creating custom works of art to decorate said new house
- Designed a few genealogical books for a few people (myself included)
- Uncovered some pretty cool genealogical finds within my own family as well as my sister, Michelle’s
- Had to get a new computer and monitor because both went bad while they were sitting stagnant during my transition
- Lived through and survived a major hurricane (in the new house)
- Had a major change in employment status
That’s all I can share for now, though I actually have another couple of things in the works that I’ll reveal soon. But just so I don’t keep you entirely in the dark, I’ll share a couple of photos… One is my new house, and the other is my new life’s mantra.
So, tell me, friends, what have YOU been up to?