Well, I just know you’ve all been sitting around saying, “That Rachel has had so many exciting blog themes lately, she’s gotta break soon.” And you may be right. Then again, maybe not. I guess it depends on if you and I like the same things. My hint is this: You’re either going to love it or hate it. There probably won’t be any in between.
Since summer’s over and everybody’s gone back to school now, and people have a mindset of fun being a thing of the past as they prepare for winter, I thought I’d bring some interactive levity to my blog. This month’s theme is games! More precisely, it’s interactive games. (And no, I don’t mean video games! I want you to use your brain!) Now, I’ll just warn you that at my house, we have an entire closet devoted to nothing but housing board games which we love to play. Sometimes we have company, and they have a lot of fun with us, or sometimes they feel grossly intimidated before the evening is over.
Being Autistic, my mind never shuts off. It also notices a lot of patterns in things. So, often when I’m alone, I’ll see how many types of something or other I can think of. I’ve also taken more than my share of road trips in my lifetime, so my kids, my sister, and I always make up car games that we play when we drive.
As you know, I love classic TV, and I also love old as well as current music. So, a lot of my games involve those two things. I hope that will entice you to want to participate.
So, as far as this month’s theme, I hope you’re, pardon the pun, game! (If you absolutely hate games, don’t worry, I won’t ask you to play along on Throwback Thursdays this month, so you’ll only have Monday through Wednesday to worry about.)
Today’s game is to Identify Songs That Name a Method of Transportation.
The rules are as follows:
1. You have to include the song title.
2. You have to include the song artist.
3. You have to include the method of transportation.
4. You have to include the line in the song that references transportation.
5. You may NOT repeat any of my examples. (Preferably, please don’t repeat any examples from the comments above yours.)
6. You may NOT use the internet to reference anything. (Please play honestly.)
7. The song title does NOT have to feature the mode of transportation.
8. You may NOT include any Beach Boys songs about cars. (That would be like shooting fish in a barrel.)
First, I’ll provide some examples, then it’s your turn:
Alright, now it’s your turn. I hope that each of you will rise to the occasion and play along with me. I’ll look forward to reading your answers below…
So talk to me: Do you love games or hate them? Do you think you’ll be playing with me this month or abandoning me until October? Are you looking forward to the spooky theme I have planned for next month?